Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Interactivity #3

I usually get overwhelmed with group work. Everyone works at different speeds. Some people like to get ahead of things, while others perform better under pressure. We all have busy lives and hectic schedules. This time around, the group work proved to be different than most of my experiences in the past. Everyone seemed to be open-minded and pleasant. And in the end, I believe the project came together nicely. I learned  about so many different technologies that can be utilized in a history class. Most times when I tell people I want to be a history teacher, they roll their eyes or groan. With these new techniques I've acquired, I believe I can make learning history a fantastic experience. Through all of my years of education, I never came across Google docs. I thought it was a great way for people who don't even know each other to come together and work on a project. I will definitely be using Google docs as well as many of the other technologies in my own classroom one day.

2 comments:

  1. Trisha,

    Your feelings of the hardships of collaborating on a group project because everybody leads different lifestyles is correct. I feel that it's very difficult to complete a project entirely online. Emails and texts do not always transfer what you are trying to say clearly. I think face to face preparation is better, but that is my personal opinion. Google Docs also surprised me as well and I greatly enjoyed using it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trisha, can you help me understand what aspects of the project created authentic collaboration?

    ReplyDelete